The 83 Oranges blog now accepts and welcomes guest contributions.
Want to have your work featured here? Awesome! Please follow the guidelines below.
The type of content we’re looking for
Our no.1 goal with this blog is making it a great resource for people connected with and/or interested in art & design … be it artists or enthusiasts.
Every topic we run has to be of interest to our readers and provide some direct value. If you think you can give us an article/post/resource like that then you’re just the person we’re looking for!
Some fine details:
- List posts, tutorials, quick how-to posts … they’re all good as long as they make the thing described above possible.
- Think, Art & Design + what you can do to help our creative community, or what useful piece of info you can share with it.
- The content needs to be original. As in, never before published anywhere else.
- I really can’t emphasize this enough, your content cannot violate any copyright laws.
- 1000+ words, please.
- Images, images, images!
- Examples, examples, examples!
- Internal links to other content on our sites (that way we know you care).
- If an expression or piece of advice sounds obvious, delete it.
- Good headings and subheadings.
You get to include a URL link to your website in the bio box/at the end of the article – just one such link. No keyword-optimized links allowed. Example:
Note. We retain the copyright of every post published on our sites. If approved, you cannot republish your work elsewhere.
We read and go through all submissions. If you send it, we’ll read it! And you’ll get an answer too. However:
- It might take us 2-5 days before we get around to your submission.
- Please wait at least 1 week before resubmitting.
Oh, and by the way, make sure to use the word “Salmon” somewhere in your pitch (for those curious). That way, we know you’ve read the guidelines. We’re doing Ctrl+F on all submissions, so if the word isn’t found, you may not receive a response from us.
How to get your work published here
- Start by coming up with 3 headline ideas that you think could work well.
- Tell us exactly how our readers will benefit from each of those posts.
- Send your ideas via the form on our contact us page here (please don’t send us complete articles), along with 4-5 links to your previous work.
- We will take a look at them, reach back to you and let you know what’s next.