For a long time, I was looking for a WordPress plugin that would help me build a mailing list fast and easily using my blog articles.
The Subscribe to Unlock Content for WordPress plugin available at Code Canyon is undoubtedly the Best WP Subscribe to Download Plugin available right now. That’s the reason, as you can see, it’s what we’re using on this site.
The plugin will cost you about $12 and is worth every penny.
How It Works
The plugin is pretty much plug and play with only a few simple settings.
– Modern and secure opt-in form: CSS3 AJAX-driven opt-in form.
– Remember subscribed visitors: plugin remembers users who already subscribed the page (using cookie)
– Support for Mailchimp, iContact, Get Response & Campaign Monitor
– WYSIWYG editor: edit content of subscribe box with visual editor.
– Accept shortcodes: Insert any shortcodes inside of subscribe box.
– Terms & Conditions supported: enable or disable terms and conditions for opt-in form.
– Shortcode driven: wrap protected content with shortcodes.
– CSV Export: all data can be exported as CSV-file to be used with any newsletter systems.
Once you’re ready, you can just create a new post and using the plugin shortcode (You’ll see a yellow envelope/message icon in your posts’ visual editor), add a download button/content that is hidden behind your newsletter subscription box. Once a visitor subscribes, he/she sees the hidden content.
Once subscribed, the visitor is added to your subscriber list in the dashboard and no longer has to subscribe when downloading other files from your site!
Why I love It
I like this plugin the best because of it’s simplicity and clean look. The plugin also plays well with caching plugins like W3 Total Cache.
Also, it’s great for building loyalty towards your site, since the visitors have to subscribe only once. Next time they visit your site and want to download something, they’ll see a message like ‘You seem to be our reader already. Here’s your download’ with a direct link to the download file.
The plugin automatically adds subscribers to your supported email marketing program like Mailchimp, Aweber etc.
It immediately boosted my mailing list subscriber count when I was using it.
Do give it a try and let me know what you think!